I wanted to come up with a way to keep this fairly organized, so worked out a 'table' (not easy in blogger) via HTML and hope this will help give a quick recap with images of my projects.
A 2014 finish that I can finally reveal.
It is part of the gallery in the DVD of "You Can Quilt!"
Has been touring at AQS Quilt Weeks nation wide. Stop by the Phoenix show in February 2016. I'll be doing author demos on Thurs. and Fri. Would love to meet you!
"Rosie" fabric is available in my studio or at spoonflower.com in a variety of sizes and in different fabrics.
|my latest update for 'WIPs'|
|Heartfelt Holiday - a design by Heidi Kory of EQ ....look to see the finished project during the #IslandBatik blog hop in February/March 2016|
|Fall Wallhanging --progress!|
So here is the info about completions ...without photos:
A 2014 Reveal - FINALLY
Prior Year WIP List Finishes
#1 "Scottish Cross" - Country Register Pattern Sample and gift to my in-laws to commemorate their 50th wedding anniversary and memories of our trip to Scotland to celebrate
#2 "Woven Braid" - Island Batik Spring 2015 Release - Meadow Collection of Fabrics - Pattern Sample for Market
#3 "Fish at Grand Coulee" --Turning Twenty - Grand Coulee Fishing - Class Sample
#4 Elephant's Play - Jungle Edge - Class Sample - gifted to childhood friend's baby
#5 Elephant's Play - Water Hole - Class Sample
- 12 Butterfly Placemats (Randolph)
- Island Batik - Dangling Diamonds (ship 5/25)
- Island Batik - Fire Island Jewels (ship 5/25)
- Butterfly - Triangle Frenzy Table Runner (Randolph)
- Butterfly Table Topper (Randolph)
- Fresh Lilacs Table Runner #1 (Heisler)
- Fresh Lilacs Table Runner #2 (Wernick)
- Island Batik - blog hop entry ("Haystack Christmas") with seasonal attachments
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness - 2 - 1/4 Circle of Geese Mug Rugs (Teal Mini Swap)
- "News Worthy" - asterisk runner -- outtakes from Ch. 6 - Improv
- You Can Quilt! Ch. 8 - Curves Runner - "Flight Line" - using Island Batik fabrics
- "1 + 1" for DJ's wedding adapted from Strips Ahoy (Tricia Cribbs - Turning Twenty)
Randolph Pillow (2 sided)
T-shirt quilt for Birdie Hensley
- 3 quilts done with Nancy Cargo and Linda Roberts and additional previously finished "Racing Hearts", donated in honor of a friend's childhood friend's daughter who died of cancer. Donated to a children's cancer ward back east
- Zoe - Fishy Fishy store sample (pieced by Betty Baerg Summer 2014)
- Grand Coulee Dam Laser Light Show (2015 Row by Row Water Theme) (Pieced by Julie Tapley)
- 2 Island Batik Kaleidoscopes ( blocks only ) --surprise !! for Kathy Engle anniversary
- Fresh Lilacs center piece and coasters (Julie Tapley embroidery work)
- Raffle quilt (blocks from Janice B/H, additional blocks from Nancy Cargo, assembled by Linda Roberts, quilted by Marlene Oddie, binding handwork done by Barb Kelton)
- Fish at Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area (piecing and binding by mom (Betty Baerg) and using "The Fabric Patch", Ephrata, WA's Row by Row 2015)
total 47 pieces
WORK IN PROGRESS
Ready to block/bind/finish:
- View from the Ahwahnee (Dogwood Window) picture is pre-quilting
- Airplane block --to become a pillow; border has been added. Circle of Geese block to be quilted, then a zippered pillow will be created.
Ready to Quilt
- Circle of Geese (French Roasted) block for pillow (with Airplane block)
- Geese on the Run (fabrics from Sweet Georgia Peach collection) for IB Winter blog hop
- Dogwood Limb (EQ Seasons RAL)
- Red Border Print Placemats
- Lucky Pot of Gold or Ode to Ireland (a Mi Amore shamrock version)
- Baskets - WW Valley Quilt Guild 2006 BOM (pictured years ago!)
- Cool Penguin, partly pieced by Julie Tapley - Country Register Pattern Sample
- Joint Secret Project w/Verlie Ward - Kaffe Fassett fabric, my Boondoggle Butterfly design
- Quilter's Fruit Loop --2015 Shop Hop sample (pieced by Nancy Cargo --may want to re-do grass/fencing sections due to a pattern difference from the original image) These fabrics available in the studio.
- Heartfelt Holiday tree w/Island Batiks (for the most part) see above for image - Feb. blog hop
- Charmed Network - Elementary version (center and 1 border finished, add 2 (light teal ombre; black letters borders, bind with brown ruler lengthwise)
- Metro Rings --not sure about my QSTs at the intersections --black and white --other ideas?
- Four Patch Flip- a spring result, but has been sitting there waiting for me to work on it.
- French Braid
NEW/Scheduled for 2016 - Fabric has arrived from Island Batik
1892 Rondure - Seaglass or Beached Glass version - 2016 Spring release
Winter Wonderland - Wendy Sheppard design - March blog hop
Completed: 31 + 4 pillowcases + 10 quilted joint projects + 2 pieced blocks towards a larger joint project
WIP: 15 + 3 joint projects
Note: projects for others, I quilted 34 edge to edge (pantograph designs) and 33 Custom. All were hand guided. An additional 4 were for charity and 3 were for store samples pieced by others (see joint projects above).
2007 Alaska Shop Hop
Out of the Darkness - Pam Bono
OLD LIST, once upon a time was publically listed as 'next items' but never got started and there are too many piles of fabric destined as a possible project to list here ;-)...ha!:
- Peace Park
- Snowflake/blizzard --except that I used some of the snowflakes as inspiration for the Cool Penguin design and in my "Protection from the Storm" several years ago
- 2007 Shop Hop the Blues - bow ties?
- 2009 Shop Hop the Blues - fall leaves?