Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September Goals

Personal Goals:
The Inland Northwest Machine Quilter's group meets several times a year and hosts an annual challenge that is exhibited and voted on by showgoers at the WSQ-Spokane Quilt show in October.  It is time to get serious about the INMQ Challenge. This year it is a symmetrical whole cloth! And for this month's meeting (Sept. 21), I also need to draw my design ideas for two blocks that will go into their quilting designs for blocks book sold at the upcoming show.

If I get a chance...
a. I'll quilt and bind the Christmas Friendship Star quilt.
b. Continue on my Storm at Sea quilt
c. Try to finish up a Fall Wallhanging that has been in the works for a while.

Business goals:
1. Writing my latest Country Register Article
2. Publishing my first class schedule.
3. Quilting 15+ client quilts.
4. Another commission to get going on that is due in October.
5. Hosting my first local class! a Fall Table Runner with a beginner and an intermediate option.

You may have seen in the Keepsake Quilting catalogue, Terry Alber's Harvest Tabletop. If you've purchased the pattern or kit ...bring it along, or I'll have instructions for a similar one that lets you customize it to fit your own table.

The intermediate option includes some fall leaf blocks. I've re-written the result of this image so that the half square triangles (HSTs) can be easily done 8 at a time and you'll get points in your leaves. One part of each leaf block is paper pieced.



We can likely source fabrics within my studio to create kits for your own project, so please stop by and let's put together a beautiful collection of fabrics that will compliment your home or someone's that you may want to give it to.

Be sure to stop by KISSed Quilts to signup; email or call if it is not convenient for you to stop by but would still like to sign-up for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment