Monday, September 10, 2012

Design Wall / BOM's Away Monday

This year I have been working on Sewn by Leila's Skill Builder Sampler.

I chose to get involved when I saw that her 'button' for her blog about this Quilt -a- Long was based on 'Rosie the Riveter'.

Finding the original poster became a quest of which I have now done and was able to get it printed. Two attempts of my own with BubbleJet2000 and Rinse with freezer paper, cotton sateen, and a large format inkjet printer and now a Spoonflower print that I have used.







I've now got the center bits pieced and assembled and still need to add the borders. Sorry it is not hanging, but circumstances today do not allow that. It is going to be a BIG quilt! :-)






The other big news of the week was winning 'Best Technical' chosen by the Judges at the EESchenck Trends Quilt Contest with '1892 Rondure'. This was originally created as part of Challenge #1 in the McCalls Quilt Design Star 2011 contest. More information about this quilt can be read here.

 
I also won a door prize that included all the fabric hanging as the backwall in the RJR Booth!
Whoo Hoo!!
 
 
I picked up lots of thread for long-arm machine quilting and several fat back bolts (108" wide), so now will have available to clients an easy solution to creating your quilt backs.
Red - Henry Glass Baroque;   Black - Blank Quilting Madison and a white quilting quality muslin.
 
 

More Design Wall's at Patchwork Times
and BOM's Away Monday Updates at WhataHoot

4 comments:

  1. Love Rosie the Rivetor panel, very fun and bright. Congratulations on the Best Technical award. It's a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, and awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some Rosie Fabric somewhere. Congrats on the RJR winnings. I was happy to be the one to tell you about winning the Technical award at Trends. We bought that Black backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an awesome door prize! :D Congrats on Rondure's latest. Love what's happening with Rosie. Printing on fabric can be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete