Monday, April 16, 2012

Festival of HSTs

Linking up at CanoeRidgeCreations for the Festival of HSTs (Half Square Triangles).

My Hugs and Kisses, Royal Peacock Jewels, Will you Accept this Rose? and Mi Amore quilts all use alot of HSTs, but Mi Amore is the only one that has been finished in the last 6 months...so that is the one I am entering in this Festival. Recently I've been working on a sampler quilt that each block has HSTs. It is not finished yet, but I was excited to learn about Eleanor Burn's 8 at a time with no bias edge method. I have a link on my 'Resources' tab if you're interested.
Will you Accept this Rose? (pattern available)
Hugs and Kisses (pattern available)
Royal Peacock Jewels (pattern being written)
Even my new Charmed Network pattern uses HSTs (but not 75% worth of the quilt!)






















So, on to my entry: Mi Amore
Mi Amore (pattern available)
originally entered in the McCall's Quilt Design Star 2011 final round challenge,
did you see it in the May/June 2012 McCalls magazine?

A complete writeup of how this quilt was made.

Other versions that have now been made include:





Check out the entire festival at
http://www.canoeridgecreations.com/2012/04/festival-of-half-square-triangles-linky.html
Come back on April 23 to see if I'm a selected top 10 finalist that you can then vote on.

Have a great week! Hop Skip and Tackle that next project. (another way to think of HST!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment