Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIP

Last day to signup for the discount on the Trip to Ireland during the Int'l Quilt Festival of Ireland in June 2012 - is Sept. 1 !! TOMORROW!!! While at the Pacific West Quilt show I left 10 fliers on the desk with lots of other handouts that people could pick up. Throughout the day I saw the pile going down and before I left I saw that they were ALL gone. I hope this means there was lots of interest and people are signing up! I hope some of you are going!! I'd love to hear from you if you've signed up.

I missed posting my linkup for WIP last week, so here it is if you're curious.

And now for this week's...
Progress
  • Lonestar wall hanging - want to do borders on two sides and embroidery work - Enjoyed the Pacific West Quilt Show on Sunday in Tacoma, WA, but didn't get anything done on this--thought I left the threads at home and found them when I got home in a different bag that I had with me! DOH! Had ample time to work on it since my father-in-law ended up in the hospital when we picked him up from the airport on Monday afternoon, but I was a little distracted. We ended up not coming home until Tuesday evening. He's still in the hospital, but on the mend...we're hoping he'll be discharged later today. He's generally very healthy for his age, so this was very strange, some sort of intestinal acute infection that seems to have resolved itself.
  • I did however have several discussions about my McCall's Challenge #1 --1892 Rondure and the 'beam' quilting. Including conversations with the 'Quilter's Rule' booth and award winning quilter JoAnna at the Boersma's booth. I didn't realize at the time who she was, but while doing some reading at the hospital Monday and Tuesday discovered the article in 'On Track' about her! Wow! Here is what I think I'm going to do with curved cross-hatching, wdyt?:

  • On my quilting machine, Jinny's BOM ...you'll have to wait until next WIP to see it finished (hopefully!!)

  • EQ7 2011 BOM- on track

Awaiting Attention:
Oddie's Wild Nature - ...most likely 2012 if I'm lucky enough to stay in the McCalls Contest--please vote! Thanks so much!!
One-fabric re-pieced table cloth - target October  --am wondering if this is ready to quilt. Need to get it out and look at it.

Completed Tops awaiting Quilting
McCall's Challenge #2 (Pulsed Illumination) - target September
2006 Basket BOM - target August--not going to happen.
Tulip wall hanging --this is a redo of the quilting - target November
Colorwash Heart Duvet Cover -- this is to salvage an old duvet - target December

Statistics

Completed: 7

  • Starlight-Flutterbright - designed for Highland Quilts, Athena, OR
  • View from the old cellar - SOLD
  • Supernova - on display @ Patit Creek Cellars, Walla Walla, WA
  • Psychedelic America - on display @ Patit Creek Cellars, Walla Walla, WA
  • WWU baby - star theme - given to Becky St. Clair's daughter
  • WWU baby - spring theme - given to Donny Veverka's daughter
  • My First Journey - commission for Teacher Tammy's twin granddaughters
In Progress: 10

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You're quilting your Jinny already! Good for you. :D

    I like the crosshatching - it's different from any I've seen yet. The two outermost upside-down V's seem a bit chaotic, though, like they're fighting with the rest of the design?

    (and let me go vote) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cross-hatching quilting! Neat!

    ReplyDelete